Find out more information on why we are the experts in pest control
Call our Hotline at (65) 6347 8138
1) They drop their tail when threatened by a predator but can be regenerated in 1 month.
2) When a lizard sheds its tail, it will return later to see if it is still there and eat it!
3) They are often mistaken as a type of snake as some species have very small or no legs. You can identify by finding the eyelids and presence of external ears. Lizards possess eyelids and ears.
4) Lizards smell by tasting the air around them. This is why they are often seen with sticking tongues at a rapid pace!
5) There are more than 5,600 different of species.
6) Lizards exist more than 200 million years since the dinosaur’s age.
7) Lizards live everywhere except in Antarctica.
8) They shed their skin as they grow.
9) The Gecko is the only species of lizard with vocal cords to create sound. The other species use body language to communicate instead.
10) Lizard eggs take about 40-60 days to hatch and a year to be mature and mate. Their lifespan is an average of 10 years but some species will live double the lifespan.
Did you know? Lizards are attracted to light. They have toe pads that enable them to crawl on smooth surfaces. Perhaps this is a reason why they are commonly found in your home!
Where else do they like to hide in your home? Behind pictures frames or paintings hung on the wall, among piles of newspapers and garbage or behind book shelves and cupboards.
What harm may lizards be to you and your family?
But, lizards are not regard as too “pesty” after all. Do you know lizards do not cause any risk to humans? In fact, they actually help to reduce the population of flying insect by preying on files, mosquitoes and moths
Get your protection against Lizards if you are uncomfortable with their presence at email@example.com or call 6347 8138.