Rats are annoying and challenging pest to manage. Here are the top 5 reasons why rats are smart and tricky pests.
Rats are agile and can squeeze in a 1cm gap!
- 1cm is all it takes for rodent to sneak into a building
- Good climbers, swimmers and jumpers
- Really easy for rats to enter with any possible proofs of entries
Efficient reproduction of offspring
- Averagely rats reproduce 3 to 8 times a year
- With 4 to 10 young per litter
- Short gestation (ability to carry offspring) period of 3 weeks
- Without rat control in place and left untreated, a pair can produce up to 2,000 descendants a year!
Intelligent creature to avoid enemies
- Intelligent and very adaptive to urban environment
- Turn suspicious on new things such as traps, baits and control tools
- Time and diligent efforts required to gain control effect
Rats are attracted to what we eat
- Feed on similar human foods such as cereal, fruits, grains and nuts
- Important to keep food sources out of reach after consumption or food preparation
They have good hiding capabilities
- Secretive and likes to hide with sufficient tight spaces
- Keep themselves out of reach and sight in high locations i.e. attic, cramp basements, narrow crawl spaces
- Remove junk and bulky items to reduce camouflage and hiding places for rats
Engage our rat control specialist for peace of mind assurance at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6347 8138