There are many providers and companies offering surface sanitisation and disinfection misting services. Rentokil shares the complete guide to understanding hygiene and sanitation practices. Learn useful tips to protect against COVID-19 and finally, solutions to consider to reduce the presence of bacteria and viruses.
- What are the types of hygiene risks and compromised safety
- List of various location with safety risks
- Engaging Rentokil disinfection service
- When should you request for workplace sanitisation
- How often should surface sanitisation carried out
- How long does the disinfection misting takes
- What is the cost of surface sanitisation
- Checklist for pre and post-treatment
- How to evaluate a credible sanitisation and pest control company
- Useful tips to protect from Novel Coronavirus
What are the hygiene and safety risks to consider?
Firstly, do you know why sanitisation is so important? This is because of the many types of pathogens floating around us. They are always present in the air and on the surface. Some of these bacteria and viruses such as coronavirus, Influenza A, E.Coli and Staphylococcus makes us sick. The symptoms may include upper respiratory problem, vomiting, diarrhoea, headache and fever. Moreover, there is a cross-contamination risk by transferring these harmful elements to people around us through interaction. Above all, it makes us more vulnerable during an outbreak such as the COVID-19 happening in Singapore.
Where are the areas of contamination risks?
A location and space becomes unhealthy and contaminated because of a few reasons. Firstly, due to poor air quality with high TVOC and unhealthy PM 2.5 level. Secondly, the presence of people who are sick with respiratory symptoms. Thirdly, an environment with high traffic, people interaction and activities. Finally, locations pack with objects and items that could potentially capture bacteria and viruses.
Some of the common areas of higher contamination risks include:
- Meeting and conference room
- Reception and counter area
- Work space
- Food preparation and serving area
- Production, warehouse and storage rooms
- Playground or play area
- Retail spaces
Engaging professional sanitisation and disinfection service
There are many types of sanitation tools and equipment options in the market. Sanitising solutions differ in terms of costs, convenience, contract complexity, scope of work coverage and technical specialisation. Rentokil surface sanitisation solutions aims to provide public and users the peace of mind. In addition, assurance in terms of safety, efficacy and credibility are our key priorities too. Above all, what sets apart from engaging professional disinfection specialist includes:
- Do they conduct proper site risk assessment and survey
- Are they adequately dressed in full personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Certified and backed by science solution
- Quality assurance and microbiology team in place
- Any follow up and after sales service support
- Inspection and monitoring
When should we engage a surface sanitisation service?
Similar to how we take care of our health or medical condition, or perhaps in the context of pest management. Firstly, proactive detection, diligent protection and long-term maintenance help in keeping hygiene and contamination risks at bay. Also, rather than waiting for medical situations to take place, employees or end users to fall sick or receiving safety complaints from guests. Lastly, it is helpful to engage for a professional sanitisation service proactively and promptly.
How often should you sanitise your premise?
There are common myths around taking up a one-time off misting job would do the trick. On the contrary, this is not the case for pathogens and particles’ activities. This is because they take place constantly 24/7 simultaneously among communities. Constant protection should take place at all times. Particularly with the presence of kids and elderly, we should not subject their health and safety to potential risk. Professional surface sanitisation and disinfection specialist can advise better on the recommended frequency.
How long does surface sanitisation treatment take?
Typically, a commercial office or childcare centre would take around 35 to 45 minutes. A large-scale industrial compound or multiple level building might take a few hours. As the treatment is safe with limited downtime, operational disruption is minimal.
What is the cost of a disinfection-misting job?
Rentokil offers affordable and value-for-money solutions and aims to protect your business and users. It may range from a few hundreds to thousands depending on a few budget criteria. Find out more about pest control price and evaluation of a pest control provider.
Checklist for pre-and post-treatment needs
In general, we recommend to perform the following before the treatment:
- Clean up the space and ensure clutter is minimal
- Store food items or food consumption tools away
- Cover well fish tank if there is any
- Relocate pets and employees or end users
- Protect any essential items that may be valuable or sensitive
Similarly, after a treatment, we encourage users to comply the following:
- Evacuate and return a range from 2 to 4 hours later
- Ventilate the space well
- You may clean the place if you like. The Rentokil Surface Sanitisation Solution can withstand daily cleaning regime.
- Lastly, resume activities per normal thereafter
How to evaluate a credible and professional pest control company?
Where health and safety matters are concern, we should not compromise quality and trustworthiness with cost and convenience. In addition, we face constant risks ranging from Coronavirus, or other challenges such as pest management, food safety and vector-borne disease. Therefore, we should consider quality and reputable applicators. Rentokil Singapore shares useful evaluation checklist and complete guide to pest control when choosing a pest control provider.
Useful tips to protect yourself from the Wuhan Coronavirus
In conclusion, it is beneficial to adopt an integrated and holistic protection approach when it comes to protecting yourself from harmful bacteria and viruses. Furthermore, it includes the COVID-19 or any other disease. In summary, Rentokil Pest Control discusses the importance of applying surface disinfection treatment. Moreover, you can also cultivate the following:
- Do not neglect the importance of personal hygiene. Practice diligent hand washing efforts and use a hand sanitiser regularly.
- Take note of the air quality and install air purification unit or air sanitisation service.
- Boost your health and immunity. Rest and eat well and continue engaging in sports and exercise.
- Be more observant of your own health. In addition, be mindful when you are unwell and stay home.
- Minimise interactions, contacts and high traffic or communal activities if possible.
- Apply Wuhan Coronavirus precautionary steps for adequate protection
- Raise your awareness and education on infection control.
- Adopt diligent and proper cleaning and sanitising regime.
Call Rentokil Singapore at 6347 8138 for surface sanitisation solution today.