In the recent news reported on the rise of new DenV-3, a virus type of the dengue fever caused by Aedes Mosquitoes that has not been dominant is happening in Singapore. While we are more aware on what are the warning signs of fever, and details pertaining to dengue cluster in Singapore, however, families and homeowners are still constantly on their toes concerning these dengue cases seen in Singapore. In summary, dengue and mosquitoes has remained as a long term residential and commercial concern.
What causes mosquitoes to breed?
Firstly, we must understand the root cause of the problem. Secondly, what causes mosquitoes to breed that develops into adult mosquitoes flying around. This typically starts by allowing opportunities of mosquito breeding in Singapore. Thirdly, most mosquito breeding causes starts from poor home habits and activities. Above all, Mosquito breeding prevention habits has to be cultivated diligently among residential.
What places residential at risk of dengue fever?
It all starts from a mosquito bite from an infected Aedes Mosquitoes seeking blood meal to survive. Rentokil Singapore shares what are mosquitoes attracted to, and why you may be a potential victim.
- Body warm and heat emitting from your body
- Carbon dioxide released from plants or from our inhaling and exhaling proces
- Lactic acid or perspiration in addition, while engaging in sports or outdoor activities
- Dark coloured attires, for instance red, dark navy blue or black
- Warm weather that heightens activity and peaks mozzies to strive
How to get rid of mosquitoes naturally?
There are many do it yourself (DIY) home remedies for mosquitoes. This includes
- Using lemongrass difuser or body mist to repel mosquitoes
- Lavender essential oil is also a popular choice as a repellent
- Spices and herbs are common applicators, including rosemary, garlic, cinnamon and thyme
- Citronella is believed to be one of the most effective and best natural mosquito repellent
- Home remedies to keep mosquitoes from biting includes apple cider vinegar.
- Lighting mosquito coils. In addition, place at strategic corners of the home
- Stick on repellent patches on the body for protection
- Install window screen for entry prevention
The consequence of poor mosquito pest management
Firstly, health and safety dangers such as Dengue Fever and Zika are the top priority concern. In addition, some of the other consequences of poor mosquito pest management includes
- Increase in development of adult mosquitoes
- Spread and escalation of mosquito breeding
- Experience itchy mosquito bites
- Fines and penalty by the National Environment Agency (NEA) for breeding source
- Annoying buzz sound around our ears
- Fear and insecurity for the safety of elderly or young kids
Mosquito pest control services for your safety
DIY mosquito home remedies and utilising natural repellents work to some extent. However, because of the health complications that can be detrimental to our health and safety, proper and adequate pest control services for mosquito elimination is necessary. In addition, it helps create peace of mind to the family.
Mosquito control typically involves
- Regular water-based fogging in the morning or evening
- Larviding to remove mosquito breeding source
- Indoor mosquito traps
- Outdoor mosquito traps – in fact they help to spread the mosquito control in a larger scale
- Inspection and monitoring
- Online Reporting
Call Rentokil Pest Control at 6347 8138 for mosquito control solution today.