Homeowners are constantly keeping pests away especially for common pests such as ants and cockroaches that surface regularly in the home.
Is engaging pest control services going to be a long-term commitment and what kind of cost does it involves?
To find out the real cost of an average pest control service in Singapore, this can depend on several factors.
But first let’s find out more on the other indirect factors which can contribute to the real cost of a pest control service in Singapore.
Indirect factors affecting the cost of pest control services
Cross infestation can occur at any time of the year – Another concern about pests is that infestation can happen any time, regardless of the season. Bed bugs, for instance, are cross infestation pests that can be easily transported from person to person, location to location. The risk of bringing home these bugs is high.
A household hit by a bed bug infestation unprepared must get themselves mentally ready for an urgent bed bug treatment. Having a team of technicians on standby to activate for that urgent job during a weekend may cost more than a regular bed bug control treatment scheduled for a weekday.
If you already have a regular pest control; you can detect early signs of infestation – Termites, carpenter ants, rodents are just a few of the pests that are known to cause significant damage to your home. Having a regular inspection in place can detect early signs of an infestation that can prevent these pests from causing real and extensive damages in and around your home.
Signs of pests are less obvious and more complex to homeowners whom are not trained in pest biology. For example, rodents are active at night and their smear marks or urine stains may go unnoticed whereas for termites, unless mud tubes and cracked wall surface, otherwise termite activities within the affected structure are well hidden in plain sight until professional instrument is used such as the thermal tracker.
Direct factors leading to real cost of pest control services
Pest management is a long-term commitment and many may have been perceived on the exorbitant rate they will end up paying.
Depending on the home size, pest needs, infestation level or type of pest activities, pest control price can be tailored and managed in a decent and affordable manner.
The cost of pest control services in Singapore
They are various price packages and offers in the market, but here are some factors that determines how much do you really need to pay and commit.
• Initial inspection: There are inspections that rely on visual methods whereas some comes with gadgets that equips with microwave technology to detect pest presence
• One-time removal or multiple treatments: There are options of a one-time treatment to eliminate the existing and visible pest problems whereas they are also packages that serves with regular maintenance program, to prevent any possible pest recurrence due to an entry, brought in or poor home maintenance.
• Frequency of the visits: Depending on situations, a home does not need very regular servicing for instance home with low infestation level or minimal pest risks. However, for some homes that are infested with multiple pests or comes with heavy infestation, a more intensive treatment may be required. For some pests such as bed bugs, due to its life cycle nature, a 3-series treatment with a 1 time heat treatment is required.
• Type of chemical, solution or baits used: With many options available, different chemical or solution types may be recommended. For example, there are environmentally-friendly and low toxic termiticides that embraces health safety but may come with a higher price tag. There are also
• Treatment coverage: Some factors include the number of pest-risk locations that require treatments, for example termite infestation along the home perimeter, common pests that occurs in the living room and kitchen and perhaps mosquito presences in the garden. This would then require a bigger treatment coverage compared to perhaps a single-pest and low risk problem in the kitchen and dining area.
• Complexity of the service: There are treatments that are more straightforward such as residual spray around the corners and skirting of a home, placing of some baits at strategic hot spot, but there are also more complicated and elaborate treatments that either requires 2 men to perform with tools and equipment that requires training to operate them such as termite treatments.
• After-treatment monitoring: A reliable pest control specialist will perform after-treatment follow up and monitoring to ensure pest problem is controlled and no other symptoms are surfacing. Professional recommendations and useful tips are usually offered to help optimise the treatment.
If the above are still unclear, you may refer to this useful page for pest control prices. Or for a faster way, call (65) 6347 8138 to know the price of your pest control service you require today.