Do you Think you Have Termites?
Quit guessing, book a treatment now with one of our experts
Termites, also known as 'white ants' is often mistaken for as an ant. The difference between termite and ant is that termite has a much thicker waist than an ant.
In this case, you would need to be sure if termites are attacking your home or building and not ants. Termite is one of the more architectural and financially damaging pests.
The situation can be more challenging as termites eat from the inside out, rarely coming to the surface to feed. Discovery is usually too late by then in which termite damage has been done. While it is quite unlikely to see a live termite crawling out from its colony nest, live termites feeding from the inside i.e. door frames, furniture pieces, roof beams can be detected using heat technology.
Knowing the signs of termites is therefore important to correctly identify the termite pest on your property. Mud trails build by termites for them to move around in is one of the key signs. Wooden furnitures that have been chewed on have a hollow sound when knocked on.
Correct identification by a professional and trained pest controller will help to identify further and assess the level of infestation. Sound advices from the experts help to save you time, money and worry.
Prevent and Protect
When it comes to termites, taking proactive steps in termite control protect your structure and valuables.
Prevention of termites can be done such as creating an anti-termite barrier on the soil beneath the property in the case of a Pre-construction Termite Protection Plan. A Termite Inspection Plan can help to monitor and heighten the awareness of termite activity should there be one.
Protect against further termite damage when an infestation occurs by eliminating them with a Post-construction Termite Protection Plan. A Colony Elimination Baiting Plan have baits placed strategically in the ground or above-ground to address sites with active termite activity.
1. Fix leaking pipes and taps, and keep structures dry to avoid giving termites sources of water.
2. Seal all cracks around utility and water pipes to keep termites from crawling through these in search of food.
3. Remove possible food sources, including unused timbre, stumps or debris from your premises.
4. Avoid using mulch on garden beds adjacent to the house.
5. Remove all occurrences of tree branches touching the house structure.
6. Look out for mud shelter tubes which subterranean termites build out of mud, faecal matter and saliva to move above ground in search of food.
7. Especially discarded termite wings on window sills and floors.
8. Faecal pellets which are the droppings of drywood termites after consuming wood.
9. Papery or hollow sounding timbre when tapped; termites feed from inside out.
10. Tight fitting and hard to open doors or windows.
How to Get Rid of Termites in Your Home and Business
Termites, also known as "silent destroyers", are a challenging pest to manage as they can enter cracks as small as 0.4mm. It often becomes too late when you start noticing tell-tale signs. There are various termite solutions and recommendations to protect your structure in an effective, safe, responsive and environmentally-friendly manner.
We understand pests can be a worrying issue. We are here to extend our care and expertise to alleviate these hassles and optimise your comfort and safety. Early detection and regular maintenance can help protect your home and family from harm caused by the termite pest.
To find the right professional pest control company, you need to ensure the entire organization, as well as the pest control technicians are able to fulfill key criteria.
You should expect the same level of competence and duty of care as provided by any other professional service provider.
A good pest partner should be able to anticipate and answer all your health and safety concerns. Services and treatments should be tailored to suit your needs as much as possible.
Crucially a professional should also respect your home, property or business site and operate with the greatest care and attention. He or she should be able to voice any challenges or restrictions right from the start. Equally, as a customer, you should always feel able to voice any concerns and ask as many questions as you need to.
Key criteria for Selection:
1. Certifications - licenses and certifications will demonstrate that your treatments are carried out to the highest industry standard practices.
2. Affiliated associations - membership of recognized industry associations such as the Singapore Pest Management Association will ensure your services are provided by a trained, insured and trusted company, which has to comply with strict membership criteria.
3. Personal recommendations - even today, word-of-mouth and personal recommendations can be more powerful than a company’s own word. Speak to neighbors, peers, friends or family to find out about customer satisfaction.
4. Transparency - complete honesty and transparency early-on regarding the cost, level and duration of treatment required will help you see if the company is reliable.
5. Expertise & experience - a well established, recognized company can offer a peace of mind in the services provided and its relationship with customers.
With Rentokil Pest Control, you can be assured of complete pest protection.
Our focus on control solutions will ensure complete removal of your pest problem. At the same time, our approach to pest protection will help your home or business remain pest-free long-term.
With over 50 years of experience serving pest control customers, our expertise in the industry should reassure you of the quality of our service and our expertly trained pest control technicians.
Contact Rentokil today to get rid of your termite problem and eliminate any stress or pest concerns you have in your home or business.
Benefit from a range of services and complete protection offered by a leading pest control company. Join thousands of satisfied customers throughout Singapore.